This easy deconstructed chicken pot pie recipe is our new favorite comfort food meal! It’s hearty yet guilt free, and everyone will absolutely love this easy comforting meal. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, and SO delicious!
Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
This gluten-free deconstructed chicken pot pie recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Made with tender chicken, fresh vegetables, and buttery biscuits
These gluten-free and paleo-friendly biscuits are a reader favorite for good reason. They are easy to make, buttery, crispy on the outside, and pillowy and soft on the inside.
If you like this comfort food recipe, try these other favorites:
Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie (Gluten Free)
Chicken Pot Pie Stew
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or oil of choice
- 3 tablespoon grass-fed butter, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrot, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 yellow potatoes, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken broth/stock (see: note)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped (A rotisserie chicken works well here!)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For Chicken Stew:
- Heat large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Add onion, celery and carrot and sauté until beginning to soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until any liquid has evaporated, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoon tapioca flour.
- Stir the butter, flour and vegetables. Once the butter has melted add garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Slowly add stock, a half-cup at a time, making sure to scrap up any browned bits at the bottom of the pot and to fully incorporate the tapioca flour.
- Reduce heat to low and add in chicken, potatoes and bay leaf. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until potato is cooked through, stirring frequently and scraping up the bottom of the pot to prevent scorching.
- Add lemon juice and peas and cook until they turn bright green. Taste and adjust seasoning and lemon juice if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Add the butter and mix until the butter is well combined with the flour mixture. Add the applesauce and the egg and mix until smooth dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 6 balls, each about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and crusty all around and firm to the touch, with no soft dough remaining in the center.
- Serve with hot chicken stew and store any leftover biscuits in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you want it more soup-like, or when you reheat, you may want to add more broth!
- For dairy-free, sub out butter for ghee or additional oil.
Loading nutrition data…