Up your Salad game this summer with this MEXICAN CHOPPED SALAD drizzled with a POBLANO DRESSING.
Up your Salad game this summer with this MEXICAN CHOPPED SALAD filled with kale, grilled vegetables, avocado and grilled chipotle chicken then drizzled with a POBLANO DRESSING. This quick easy salad is light, flavorful, gluten and dairy free!
I’m not sure if it’s the summer or the post baby fever. But I’m wanting to change up my hair! I feel like it’s been the same for 3 years now.
I haven’t gotten it done since November of last year so it definitely needs a little love. A new set of highlights for the summer and a trim or chop.
I’m leaning towards chop. Eeek.
Right now it’s probably 4″ below my shoulders and I feel like it’s taken me FOREVER to get there so I’m a little nervous to chop it off but at the same time I really want a change up. Plus it would be nice to have it short for the summer.
The other option is to get bangs, which I did right after Cason was born to cover up the baby hairs that pop in after having a baby. Darn hormones!
You grow gorgeous luscious hair while pregnant, then lose it all after they’re born and have buzz cut hair popping through your normal length hair! Ugh.
All that to say. I’ve been on Pinterest searching for new styles. All recommendations are welcome! I go tomorrow to get it cut, so stay tuned! 🙂
Ok, moving on to what’s really important. The Food!
Today we are talking about this Mexican Chopped Salad drizzled with a Sweet Spicy Poblano Dressing.
Now, don’t be scared away by that Poblano Dressing. It is absolutely delicious. It’s not overly spicy, it has a subtle spice at the end but it is well balanced with acid, sweetness and salt. I guarantee you’re going to love it and honestly you may start making it for your other salads! (it’s that good)
This salad is loaded with a mixture of kale and romaine, grilled vegetables that are finely chopped (ahem it is a chopped salad) then topped with creamy avocado and grilled chipotle chicken. You are absolutely going to devour it!
It’s quick, light and perfect for the summer!
Bon Appetit friends!
Chipotle Chicken Breast:
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dry cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 2 ears of corn
- 4 cups finely chopped romaine
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup roughly chopped poblanos
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a food processor add fresh cilantro and poblano. Blend until finely chopped. Next add olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic clove, salt and pepper. Blend until the mixture is smooth and emulsified. (meaning there is no oil and vinegar separation) Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- To a small bowl add garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, dry cilantro, ancho chili powder, black pepper and sea salt. Mix together.
- Add spice rub to both sides of the chicken breast and rub into the chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil over red onion slices, red pepper and corn. Rub the oil into each piece of vegetable.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts on the grill as well as vegetables.
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side, until there is no more pink. Grill the vegetables for 4-5 minutes per side until they are slightly charred. Remove from grill. Let chicken rest for 3 minutes to let juices settle then slice.
- Chop the red pepper and red onion into small pieces. Cut corn from the cob.
- To a large bowl add chopped romaine lettuce, chopped kale, roasted vegetables, sliced green onions, cherry tomatoes, black beans, pepitas, sliced avocado and sliced chicken breast.
- Toss the salad together. Serve with poblano dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 305 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Healthy Salad Recipes for the Summer?
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->